Internet; meet Carina and Soerine. These two gorgeous ladies hail from Denmark, and independently made a career for themselves as professional cosplayers. For those of you out there who are unfamiliar with the term, cosplay refers to making costumes of various popular video game, movie and anime characters – to wear at fan gatherings and conventions. Carina and Soerine have each made a living out of this, and ended up meeting each other and falling in love thanks to their mutual love of cosplay.
When they decided to tie the knot, it necessitated what might be their most challenging cosplay yet: cosplaying as a pair of beautiful brides. They designed and made their own wedding dresses from scratch using their impressive seamstress skills, before jetting off to Tokyo, the home of cosplay. As you can imagine, their bridal photoshoot was pretty incredible.
1. Here they are looking cute and casual
2. Here they are as Supergirl and Power Girl
3. Piper and Alex from Orange is the New Black
4. Sailor Moon
5. Rei and Asuka from Neon Genesis Evangelion
6. Gender-swapped versions of Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy
7. Princess Peach and Princess Daisy from the Mario games
8. The proposal at Disneyland
9. Their dresses are unique, but equally beautiful
10. Both dresses were made from silk, satin and lace
11. It’s clear that they’re both very much in love
12. We wish them many years of happy marriage and cosplay
It’s fair to say that these two are supremely talented, and I am really looking forward to seeing what they come up with next. But not everyone is capable of transforming themselves into their favourite character quite so easily. In fact, there are some cosplayers who are painfully, hilarious bad at it. Check out these 17 catastrophic cosplay fails if you want to know what I’m talking about.