There are some people in this world who can really surprise you with their creative problem-solving. They manage to find a simple everyday fix that most people wouldn’t have even thought of. Whether it’s genius or stupid is all in the eye of the beholder.
A smart fix doesn’t have to be pretty. It just has to get the job done. Sometimes that requires creative thinking, elbow grease, and an entire roll of duct tape. Luckily, anybody who is a born problem solver can be handy most of the time.
These 20 images are perfect examples of people fixing things in ways that may either be genius or stupid, depending on how well they hold up over time.
1. Some people use the tennis balls for their intended purpose and use the can for something else. Some people like to think differently (and need to fix their car).
2. Creative problem solving can also be a great way to save money. For instance, why spend more money on tires for you car? You only need three.
3. A simple everyday fix can do wonders, even for your own health. How do you stop a runny nose during allergy season? With a nose sling, of course.
4. There are times when you feel like you have everything you need, but it turns out you’re one component short. What do you do? What any genius does: improvise.
5. “Oh no! The shower head is broken. I guess I’m going to have to call a plumber.” “Nonsense. Go get me a plastic bottle from the recycling.”
6. Fixing a clock is not nearly as hard as some people make it out to be. Do you have printer paper, a sharpie, and some tape? Then you got this.
7. Holding your phone while you’re lying down can get really annoying really fast. This kind of fix is the perfect solution for watching videos and being lazy.
8. A genius fix is not always the most aesthetically pleasing thing in your house, but does it have to look good or does it have to work? Easy choice.
9. Nothing is unfixable if you have a roll of plastic wrap. As long as you don’t cheap out and get the store brand, you should be good to go in this situation.
10. Do you ever get hungry at work, then realize that you work in a place that doesn’t provide you with delicious hot dogs? Well as long as there’s a coffee maker…
11. Car repairs can be expensive. This is pretty common knowledge. What if you could fix it yourself? From a distance, people probably can’t even tell.
12. This is a perfect solution for when you don’t own an iron but need a nice shirt for a job interview. Then if you get the job, you can buy an iron!
13. When you have someone in your household who understands how electronics work and the importance of saving money, you end up with fixes like this.
14. “I tried to find some bucket fixes on the internet, but kept coming up empty handed. That’s when I realized the answer was right in front of me all along.”
15. When you can’t afford to hire a plumber, you have to exercise some creative problem solving. If it can still flush, then what’s the problem?
16. Dropping a nice wine glass can get you into a lot of trouble with your significant other. Luckily, there’s always a way to fix it.
17. Somebody obviously got really tired of trying to figure out how to refill the soap dispenser. Looks like they used nicer soap anyway, so points for that.
18. When you’re cooking something and you don’t have the right tools for the job, it can throw off your entire plan. However, sometimes you can find a solution…
19. Some people put a basket on the front of their bike, and that works pretty well, but some people want to actually do all of their grocery shopping in one trip.
20. Even if you’re not an expert in bike repair, you can always find a solution to fix your favourite mode of transportation. This gives it a nice natural look as well.