For more than thirty years, The Cheesecake Factory has been known for making probably the most delicious cheesecakes in the world. As of the moment, it has about 35 or more flavors of cheesecake on its menu – ranging from tiramisu to key lime – but it’s the original New York-Style Cheesecake that has continually wowed people from all over. And who wouldn’t love it? It’s rich, creamy, tangy, and simply to die for.
Of course, The Cheesecake Factory has always kept its recipes secret and most likely locked up in a vault.
However, a food team figured out how to make a version of the original cheesecake for fraction of the cost!
Now, isn’t that just wonderful? So grab your aprons and prepare yourself to make a cheesecake that is world-class!
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped
- ½ cup graham crackers, finely chopped
- ½ cup vanilla wafers
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- Form a crust by mixing the almonds, graham crackers, vanilla wafers, and melted butter together in a bowl and putting the mixture into a spring form pan. Pat the crust down on the pan until you’ve got the bottom covered and push the extra crust mixture up to the sides of the pan to about an inch and a half.
- Once you’ve got that done, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Start on the filling by beating the cream cheese and adding the sugar and eggs to it and mixing them all together carefully. Then add flour, lemon juice, vanilla extract to the mixture and beat again before adding the sour cream.
- As soon as all that are completely combined, tap the bowl of filling on the counter to get rid of all the air bubbles. After so, pour the filling onto the crust and shake the pan until everything looks even.
- Put it in the oven and bake for an hour and a half. Then once it’s done, let it cool completely and put in the fridge for about twelve hours.
- For additional flavor, serve with whipped cream or blueberry compote. In order to do the latter, put blueberries, lemon juice, sugar, and lemon zest in a sauce pot over medium high heat. Mix it together for five to ten minutes and then add cornstarch to it. Then simply pour it over a slice of the cheesecake.
To watch how it’s done, check out the video below:
It looks like the real thing isn’t it? So, give it a go today!