The passing of time and the transient state of the universe is not a common topic to think about or elaborate on. Especially because we often discard the effects of time on nature or objects and barely notice the changes that can happen over the course of time. Time is slowly, but surely putting its weight on objects, and we usually notice that after decades or centuries. Objects can fade and wither over the course of time, but just how much are we aware of that? The following pictures show how things can change drastically after decades of other generations. And I warn you, they are touching.
1. M&M’s that have been left alone for a decade
2. A carpet in an office worn-out by workers
3. Or a man who took his wedding ring off after 50 years of marriage
4. These identical mugs – one used, the other one new
5. This checkout counter that has worn in layers from items sliding across it for years
6. Footsteps that have worn away the hill
7. The dog scratch marks on the wooden door
8. Rust inside a pipe
9. When the welcome rug has turned into this
10. The paint on this shop’s door, that is worn away perfectly to show all of its previous colours
11. This bell has made a hole on the door
12. Worn chairs at a court lobby
13. New banknotes and old ones
14. A building within a building. The imprint is remarkable.
15. Worn marble steps that lead to the top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa
16. This colorful floor in front of the register has worn through all the floors since this restaurant opened in 1924
17. A weathered silver coin
18. So many posters on a lamppost
19. A penny’s life cycle. Unbelievable!
20. Before and after power-washing a NYC building