If you generally look at animals as our indistinct companions on this planet who all look like one another, you couldn’t be more wrong. Would you agree with an extraterrestrial being from another galaxy if they told you all people looked the same? Of course you wouldn’t, and it’s the same with our furry little friends. If you had the relative misfortune to have had a pretty uniform experience when it comes to animals so far, the following thirty-five photos of some of the most interesting markings to have appeared on fur since the beginning of time are bound to change your perception.
1. Owner of a lovely heart
2. Patterning malfunction
3. A cat within a cat
4. Why be a bear when you can be Bat-Bear
5. A classy little gentleman
7. Just in case you needed a reminder of who you are supposed to love
8. The cutest cow in the world.
9. Markings of preciousness
10. They ran out of ink on this one
11. A dog within a dog!
12. Look at this tiny panda! Wait a second…
13. A flowered face
14. One cow, three faces
15. The most stylish penguin ever
16. If Eugene Levy was a dog
17. Don’t you want to kiss that little nose?
18. A goat is ready for Halloween
19. It looks like two dogs got spliced together
20. Why so sad little buddy?
21. What might just be the cutest butt around
22. The picture responsible for numerous bacon-eaters converting to vegetarianism
23. Two hearts are better than one
24. Dog-Tiger, or a Tiger-Dog?
25. The cutest little mustache!
26. The Magnificent 7
27. A stunning work of beauty
28. Don’t you want this puppy?
29. This dog was brought to by Disney
30. A horse within a pony
31. I am seeing spots
32. The Cow-Riddler
33. A cat that has a self-portrait on its side
34. Chin scratches well appreciated
35. Just in case you forgot what he was, it’s spelled out for you