Yes, the experts have discovered that sleeping on the right side can be a trigger for many health problems!
Well, this means one thing – you should sleep on your left side and take a look at the article below to find out more about this!
But, before we do that, I would like to ask you a simple question – did you know that your sleeping position is especially important to consider for your mental and physical well-being?
This is because there’s more to the quality of sleep you’re getting than its duration. In fact, a small body of research suggests that people who sleep on their left side are not only likely to sleep better, but are believed to be healthier than those who sleep on their right side.
Health Benefits of Sleeping on Your Left Side:
- It supports the body in getting rid of toxins, waste and other unwanted materials. Sleeping on your left side bolsters the lymphatic system, allowing your body to better filter lymph fluid and waste via the lymph nodes.
- It is good for the heart. Sleeping on your left side improves circulation to the heart.
- Reduces heartburn. According to a study published in the Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology, lying on the left side can help reduce acid reflux symptoms.
- Improves digestion. The idea that sleeping on your left side may improve digestion simply stems from a matter of gravity. The theory is that lying on the left side allows food waste to move easily from the large intestine into the colon.
- Relieves back pain. Sleeping on the left side can relieve pressure on the spine, and is therefore ideal for people who suffer from chronic back pain
- It is beneficial for pregnant women. Besides boosting blood circulation, sleeping on the left side can also help relieve pressure on the back, keeping the uterus from squeezing the liver.
Well, there you have it guys. We really hope you enjoyed this article and don’t forget to click the share button at the end of it! Thanks for reading and have a nice day!