They say you can find anything on the Internet. Pictures from all the places in the world, and it would be very similar if you visited the same spots one day. Monuments, ruins, and landmarks are widely photographed and people think they know them completely. But what happens when you take a picture from your backside balcony? You discover an angle you never thought of. Places you never thought were beautiful and inspiring. And, usually, these photos are the most incredible and most thought-provoking. For those lacking motivation today, here are some eye-opening photos that will make you question the world around you. Be warned, you might end up printing these for your room!
1. This is the Bavarian town of Nördlingen, which was built in a 14-million-year-old meteor impact crater.
2. The end of the Great Wall of China.
3. The place where old tires go eventually.
4. Just a reminder that Cairo is a very old city.
5. Pizza and Pyramids.
6. A 360-degree rainbow as seen from an airplane.
7. A presidential view.
8. Astronomy lovers, this is what Mercury really looks like.
9. Conformity and creativity side-by-side in Barcelona.
Sagrada Família church stands tall to the left of the photo.
10. An inside view of one of Google’s data centers.
11. There was a time when conquering Mount Everest was considered a great feat. Nowadays you have to stand in line.
12. Stonehenge: rocks in a field.
13. We’re used to seeing them individually, but would you recognize the ancient Easter Island sculptures standing clustered together?
14. Mona Lisa, hiding beyond the crowds.
15. The two sides of New York City.
16. Stunning aerial view of downtown Toronto, Canada.
17. Dutch tulip fields are simply stunning!
18. The Taj Mahal is almost barely recognizable from this spot.
19. The Packard Automotive Plant in Detroit now lies abandoned.
20. Even from space, the Hollywood sign makes its mark.
21. You probably wouldn’t guess it, but this is Burning Man Festival.
22. The beautiful buildings in Fira almost look out of place on the cliff.
23. Can you see the Parthenon far away in the distance?
24. They couldn’t have chosen a better place than New Zealand to be Hobbiton, the location used for The Lord of the Rings trilogy.
25. Boston faced a blizzard so powerful that it shut down the city for a day in 2013.
26. The Eiffel Tower is beautiful from any angle.
27. Niagara Falls look so different in winter.
28. The drive up to Colosseum simply takes your breath away.
29. The two sides of Rio de Janeiro.
30. This view of the World War II Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial is incredible.