Many relationships that started on set have entered Hollywood folklore over the past half century. Everybody knows how Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie hit it off at the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith and the subsequent effects on Jennifer Aniston; Dumb and Dumber had its continuation when Jim Carrey married Lauren Holly before divorcing less then a year later; and the Bacall – Bogart – Sinatra triangle is still talked about almost sixty years later.
There are many off-screen hookups between on-screen partners, though, that have somehow stayed secret for ages.
Today we bring you 14 of them, whose feat in keeping their lives private in the most scrutinized cities of all, is no mean feat.
1. Ricky Ullman and Aly Michalka in Phil of the Future
These two dated for six years with the public being none the wiser.
2. Hilary Duff and Aaron Carter in Lizzie McGuire
They spent three years together after that iconic episode.
3. Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas in Camp Rock
After initially hooking up and sharing it with the world, these two eventually decided that they are better off staying good friends instead.
4. Lily Collins and Taylor Lautner in Abduction
Reportedly the two became really close, and Taylor has said only good things about Lily ever since.
5. Tyra Banks and Will Smith on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Apparently Tyra and Will were an item for about a year!
6. Miley Cyrus and Lucas Till in Hannah Montana: The Movie
These two reportedly dated, albeit very briefly. It still counts, though!
7. Lucas Till, this time with Taylor Swift in Hannah Montana: The Movie
After the movie, Lucas appeared in Taylor’s “You Belong With Me” music video. Reportedly the two flirted heavily and continuously during the filming of Hannah Montana.
8. Channing Tatum and Amanda Bynes in She’s The Man
At the time, rumors were going around that these two were a thing for a short while.
9. Channing and his Step Up co-star Jenna Dewan Tatum
These two married afterward and have been living happily ever since.
10. Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox in Transformers
In this case, the heavy on-screen chemistry was reportedly supplemented with something extra when the cameras were off.
Shia commented on the experience: “Look, you’re on the set for six months, with someone who’s rooting to be attracted to you, and you’re rooting to be attracted to them. I never understood the separation of work and life in that situation. But the time I spent with Megan was our own thing.”
11. Josh Hutcherson and Vanessa Hudgens in Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
It was only recently announced that these two briefly dated around that time.
12. Ashley Benson and Tyler Blackburn in Pretty Little Liars
Leaked photos showed Ashley and Tyler flirting and kissing off screen. They’ve always stated they are just good friends, despite the evidence pointing to the contrary.
13. Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth in The Hunger Games
These two didn’t even try to hide. Jennifer admitted: “Liam and I grew up together. Liam’s real hot. What would you have done?”
14. Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford in Star Wars
Carrie admitted she and Mr. Solo had “a very intense affair” while filming the original Star Wars series, but not before four decades had flown by.